INSTRUCTOR QUALIFICATIONS : PROFESSOR SOMBOON TAPINA
Instructor Qualifications: Professor Somboon Tapina
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education, Master’s Degree in Higher Education.
2. Former Vice-President and head of the Physical Education Department at Surat
Thani Rajabhat Universiry.
3. Former Professiona Prize Fighter at Rajadumnern Stadium, Bangkok (1962-1967)
4. Former Amateur Boxing Champion who fought in eight of Thailand’s provinces
and was ranked second overall in Thailand (1968)
5. Technical Advisor of World Professional Muay Thai Federation (W.P.M.F)2004
6. Honourable Award for Expertise in Muay Thai and Amateur Boxing:Excellent
Instructor. Speaker and Heaad of the Technical Committee for the Muay Thai
and Amateur Boxing Department, Surat Thani- 15th June 1989.
7. Honorable Award for achievement in Best Practical Physical Education from
Society of Health, Physical Education and Recreation of Thailand- 20th January 1993
8. Professor of Muay Thai, who has taught instructors, referees and judges for 23
years (1977-2000) at Surat Thani Rajabhat University.
9. Many years of experience in Muay Thai (Muay Thai for self defense, amateur,
professional and instructor training) in Asia, Europe, Australia, America, Canada
and the countries of Latin America.
10. Specialist who Trained Muay Thai instructors, referees and judges for the Sport
Authority of Thailand and Professional Boxing Association of Thailand (2006-2008)
11. President of the Muay Thai Martial Arts Academy, Surat Thani Thiland and
Head Muay thai Instructor and Referee for the Surat Thani Province.
12. Muay Thai Team Manager and Instructor for the Thai Festivsl 2008 in Latin
America arranged by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs and four Thai
Embassies in Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Uruguay) 25th
March-15th April 2008.
Society of Health,Phytsical Education and Recreation of Thailand
Presents Honorable Award To
Ajaan Somboon Tapina
For achievement of best Practical in Physical Education
On the occasion of the 16th National Meeting of Members,
Wangtai hotel, Surat Thani
June 20th 1993
Presented by : Associate Professor Dr.Silapaachai Suramthada
President Society of Health, Physical Education and
Recreation of Thailand.
To Mr.Somboon Tapina
Expert in MuayThai and Amuteur Boxing
Excellent Instructor, Speaker and Head of Technical Committee
(Muay Thai and Amuteur Boxing)
Oresent by : Mr.Warot Sripairode
Thai and Amuteur Boxing Department Surat Thani
June 15th 1989